Thursday, January 26, 2006

The daily word

Tuesday January 24th 2006 7: 23 pm

Hello all. I've decided that I should write on my blog more often. Meaning more than once a week. So today, Grace and I took my uncle to the hospital for his weekly checkup. My uncle is very old. He's married to my aunt, who is the eldest of all the siblings on my mom's side. So the difference in age between my aunt and my mom is something like 20 odd years. Anyway, today the doctor confirmed that my uncle has Parkinson’s disease. So now we can add more pills onto his ever-growing list of medication. That was the low point of the day.

Then Grace and I picked up her son, Sid, from a birthday party. It was held at a sports arena. I walked into a large warehouse like room filled with 10 year olds playing cricket and soccer. Speaking of which, I think I've watched like over 25 hours of cricket this month. My cousin Cozi, his wife Grace, and their son Sid are sports fanatics so cricket, rugby, soccer, and tennis are frequently on T.V. By frequently, I mean all the time. I've always been down with cricket (being a Bengali myself) so it’s nice to once again find myself in a country obsessed with the sport. Bangladesh is playing Australia in April so that’ll be sweet.

Ok, so today I finally went near Tyson and played with him. I steered clear of their dog after we found half of a blue-tongued lizard in our backyard. We suspected that the other half was probably in Tyson’s stomach. So I told him that I thought he was gross while he sat there grinning from ear to ear. I’m still not ready to let him lick my face.

Will he and I ever regain what we used to have? Only time will tell.


4 comments:

julie anna said...

Wow, Australia seems to be quite the adventurous place! When you come back you'll have to teach me how to play cricket...I've never really understood it.

Also, that's too bad about your uncle, but I'm glad he has family around supporting him.

Keep up the Aussie adventures!

g. mango said...

what *is* that thing??

Zed said...

Julie,
I will teach you cricket once I actually play the game. I can't bowl or bat to save my lie.

Nellie,
It's a blue-tongued lizard. Do you not read my posts you silly woman! Hey, how's the roomie hunt going?

julie anna said...

Hey Z, I saw your parents at Missions Fest today. But I didn't say hi because I don't think they know who I am. They missed the skytrain I was on by like two seconds. So yes, I thought of you today. Also I thought of you when we were buying g.mango a new tv. You know, Zenith tv's. . . Ok, that's the end of my random comment. . .post again soon!