Monday, June 30, 2008

This post was supposed to be up 2 days ago.

I was writing this 2 days ago at an internet cafe. I had only paid for an hour. Just before I clicked on "publish post" my hour was up and my computer logged me off. Most annoying indeed. So pretend it's Friday the 27th and I'm in Liverpool...because neither of those things stand true at the moment, as I type away from an internet cafe in London.

Today Rob, Dave, and I were walking around the city centre in Liverpool when we saw this seagull standing in a sea of pigeons. It was walking around bullying all the pigeons and feeling quite good about itself. At one point it picked a pigeon up with its beak! The pigeon was sandwiched in between its beak. I thought the seagull was going to snap the pigeon in half. I shrieked and grabbed Dave's arm in a "do- something-stop-this-bird-bullying-madness" kinda way. The pigeon started flapping its wings and the seagull finally let go. The whole thing lasted only for about 5 seconds or so, but it was the scariest and most scarring 5 seconds of this entire trip. Rob, Dave, and I continued to walk around town, but the rest of the day wasn't the same. We continued on with our day, but with a little less hope, and a little more "WTF WAS THAT??" If you see any birds out there exhibiting this behaviour call 1 800 BIG BIRDS ARE AHOLES.

No comments: