Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"Heaven take my soul, and England keep my bones!" (random Shakespeare quote for lack of a better heading)

Hey folks. Sorry I didn't write earlier. I accidentally set the language on my blog account to Korean. It took me forever to figure out that it wasn't just some random computer screw up and that I needed to fix it myself! Anyway, here I am at an internet cafe in a small town called Exeter in the south west of England. Zina and I arrived here by train this morning from London.

London was big. London was pretty. But London was too busy for us most of the time, and could only give us the time of day when we took the time to figure her out. So we said, "Screw you London. We're only spending 4 days here anyway. Tomorrow, it's off to the small towns in the south." Actually, London was a lot of fun. Highlight: we caught some Broadway shows. We got all our tickets on sale but still spent a ridiculous amount of money when you take the conversion into account.

The train ride from London to Exeter was really exciting. I slept through most of it but I was excited cause I never take the train. Not a real train anyway (skytrain...you just got dissed). When we got to Paddington station it was a little Harry Potter-esque. I know nothing about Harry Potter so that last sentence has little merit. But Zina agreed with me and she's a Harry Potter geek. Anyway, tomorrow we're wanting to do that high wire zip course thing at the Haldon National Park. Apparently it's only 10 miles away but no one knows how to get there! We've gone to the train station, the bus station and have asked numerous people on the streets and operators on the phone but have gotten mostly sketch details. We're determined however. It's the main reason we came to Exeter. Anyway, the internet cafe closes in 1 minute so I should go. Wish us luck. I'll write again when I get to Liverpool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.