Thursday, September 07, 2006

Springtime? Intoxicating scent of exotic foliage? No!

Why is the weather being so freakin ridiculous? First it's spring and 25 degrees by midday and now it's 13 degrees with thunderstorms up the wazoo.

I haven't seen thunderstorms like these since I used to live in Bangladesh. When it rains here, it pours. Yes, quite unlike Vancouver. When you feel a raindrop on you (in Vancouver), you have a good five minutes to get inside a building. Here, you have about 5 seconds. I kid you not. It starts to pour faster than you can say "What the-" But again, unlike Vancouver, the rain here will stop in 5-10 minutes. But man, does it rain hard. Last night the thunderstorm was pretty scary. And all day today it has been über windy. 46 km/hour windy to be exact. Several times today I was certain that the wind was going to pick me right off the ground and throw me at oncoming traffic/pedestrians/wildlife...

Zenith hates season changes.

2 comments:

julie anna said...

But thunderstorms are so cool! How can you not like thunderstorms? Yet again I find myself jealous of you, Zenith. Maybe we should just switch places for a few weeks, shall we?

Zed said...

No the thunderstorm was scary but still cool. It totally reminded me of the monsoon season in Bangladesh. But what I'm not liking is how the weather went from getting warmer to getting cooler. And I'm sick. skdjfd.