Monday, April 03, 2006

Where the mountains are blue

I went on a church retreat to the Blue Mountains on Friday. It wasn't held at the actual touristy spot but in this other area called Springwood. But in the touristy spot (Katoomba), the mountains are actually blue.

At the retreat we had a very good speaker from one of the congregations who spoke to us on the topic of "faithfulness." It was interesting. We played crazy games on Saturday night, as you can see.

More random and crazy games involving balloons and tape.

Earlier that day I went abseiling with a group of people from the retreat. Here is me pretending to be artsy and taking a photo of my shadow after putting on the harness and looking like a pro.

Here is Zenith realizing that jumping off an overhang and being shot down 50 meters is a BIT of an adrenaline rush...moment. One of the instructors was Canadian. We bonded. Except for when he pretended to pull me back up the cliff by the rope after I had reached the bottom and scared the crap out of me for a good 5 seconds. He figured he could bug me throughout the climbs since we were both Canadians and obviously were "tight like that." Dude, you're from Ontario.

I told my abseiling buddies to strike an abseiling pose. Unfortunately Al was the only one who pulled it off on time. Now he just stands out and looks a tad silly.

1 comment:

Zed said...

Thanks dude!