Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Featherdale Wildlife Park. It's très cool.

A wildlife park. Where the animals roam free. Except for some birds...including penguins. Here in this first photo you'll find Tiffany and I pointing happily at a parrot while being reassured by the photographer (Saira) that the parrot will most definitely not bite our fingers.

Then the parrot almost bit Tiffany and we both told Saira that we'd never trust her ever again (during our trip). Then we discovered the sign above our head and felt like even bigger fools for listening to Saira. We angrily pointed at the sign and posed. Except my angry face turned into a ridiculous looking fake smile. Tiff's angry face is priceless though.

I later realized as we looked through our photos that we point a lot. Here is Katelyn pointing at a bunch of little penguins. That's what they're called. Little Penguins or better known as Eudyptula minor. They're only found in this part of the world. You can't really see them in this photo though. I tried to fix the lighting.

Yes, this is me posing with a sleeping baby koala. The cutest one I've seen so far. It just slept right through all the snapping cameras and the swarms of hands trying to pet its body.

These kangaroos run freely through the park. One ran past us so fast I thought we were gonna get hit in the face by its tail. But they're smart cookies.

3 comments:

julie anna said...

I love all your pictures, Zed...despite all the pointing!

Anonymous said...

Zen...you remind me of those lovely "Price is Right" ladies with the amazing ability to point and smile!!!

Love ya and miss ya!
Nadia

Zed said...

Julie...the pointing will stop in the future, hopefully.

Nadia I hope I never remind you of the "price is right" girls ever again. I like to think I'm not THAT girly! haha.