Sunday, April 23, 2006

Bula from Fiji

Bula!

So here I am. In a ridiculously small island called Beachcomber in Fiji. It takes me 10 minutes to walk around the island. Yet it still has internet. The only thing here is a resort. I'm staying in a big room with bunkbeds. Hut like roof. No walls. My mosquito bitten body is going to have a party. Amazing food though. Today I had guava, papaya, and passionfruit. And banana jam.

Tonight, crab racing. Sounds like they do it differently here. In Sydney, evey Wednesday night my friends and I head down to a pub to witness and sometimes participate in crab racing. We'll see how it goes down tonight. Will keep you updated.

This internet place is costing me a fortune. Must head back to the non-airconditioned world.

Moce!

3 comments:

julie anna said...

There are different ways to race crabs?

Anonymous said...

what's crab racing?!?! :s

confused and curious,
-Tanz.

Zed said...

Dear Julie and Tanzin,

It's all the same really. People sponsor/auction/buy crabs, race them against each other, and the winners win things. There are just slight variations to the game. Like at my Sydney pub the players get hosed down with water. Why? Still working on that one.

Dear Aisling,

Shut your face. If you saw my body right now YOU'D complain on my behalf. Beautiful dark spots where the bloodsuckers once bit me. I miss you too. We'll talk this weekend.