Saturday, July 12, 2008

Dear Air Conditioning,

Thank you for saving my life and the lives of many others who live near the equator. Thank you for making sure I didn't slowly roast in the Kuwaiti heat. I wasn't aware that there were humans beings out there going about their daily businesses in 50 degrees Celsius. I didn't think the Earth would heat up past 45 degrees to be honest. But it does. And I continue to pray for those stray cats in Kuwait walking around in the never-ending sauna.

I want to say I'm ok now, that I won't need you anymore...but I don't want to prematurely make statements that I won't be able to stand by later. You know I arrived in Bangladesh today? It's only 28 degrees here right now. But wait! Don't walk away just yet. That's what I meant earlier. There are a few ifs and buts. It'll stay in the 28 to 35 degree range while I'm here. Now you're thinking "Suck it up Zen. You've done that before." And I have! Australia and all. But unlike Kuwait, which gives you dry heat, it is ridonculously* humid in Bangladesh. My skin sweat-eth. My hair is sticking to my neck. I feel like I'm wearing a turtleneck sweater made of hair.

I exaggerate. Besides the humidity I'm enjoying myself here. I missed Bangladesh SO much and am having such a fun time with my cousins so far. I've only been in the country for 8 hours so I'm sure there's plenty more of this fun in store for me. I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't leave just yet. I have you in my room right now and I might call on you from time to time. I realize you won't be there when I head to the small towns and villages though, and I'll forgive you for that.

Hope you're chillin like a villain. Hahaha...chillin. So much wit...so little time...

Sincerely,

Zen (not quite as cool as you)


*Real word. Part of the Zenith Bose Dictionary. Look it up.

No comments: