Monday, January 31, 2011

You can take the girl outta Vancouver...

but you can't take Vancouver outta the girl. 


Proof:
  • I still miss salmon like crazy and once a month splurge on smoked salmon at the Austrian deli, one of the only places in town where you can get this item. 
  • I almost never have an umbrella on me, even when I should. 
  • I can name at least half a dozen different kinds of sushi rolls (Koreans can name, like two). 
  • I point out Vancouver landmarks in most Hollywood films, and piss off the people who are sitting by me, actually trying to follow the plot. 
  • I consider t-shirts, jeans, and sweatpants appropriate articles of clothing to don to work, to much disapproval from my hot Korean colleagues in short skirts and high heels. 
  • I don't think a city is worth my time if it doesn't have mountains or a large body of water nearby (with 37 mountains, a river, and an ocean/sea, Seoul is winning with flying colours). 
  • I consider anything below 0 degrees Celsius freezing cold. 

No comments: