Saturday, June 10, 2006

A night out with my girlie Div

Ze World Cup has begun. Because of the time difference between Germany and Australia, if we want to watch the games live we have to stay up until 3-4 a.m. in the morn. And it seems that is precisely what we are planning to do. Last night at midnight the opening ceremony was airing live so my buddy Divya and I decided to cruise around town from pub to pub and watch it on the big screen. In between our trips we stopped several times to eat. No joke. First subway, then a turkish kebab place, and then a little french café. Here is Div happily munching on a chocolate croissant.

I don't know who this guy is but earlier I was surrounded by these French guys who were trying to convince me that France is going to beat Brazil this year. I told them that 1998 will not repeat again. The conversation got a little heated. But I'm Canadian so they were down with me.

Watching the Germany vs. Costa Rica game with my Welsh bud Griff and my Swedish bud Andre.

Putting our world cup differences aside and posing for a pic.

Good times Div. Can't wait for the real games to begin.

3 comments:

g. mango said...

i notice the same boy is in two of these pictures.

i wonder what that could mean?

Zed said...

It means he likes to be in photos...?

Don't be a dork nellie.

g. mango said...

i am so not a dork!

you are the one cavorting with unknown!