Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Procras-

Procrastination,
How I loathe thee.
Yet my closest companion
you have been during these years
You greet me bright and bubbly in the morn
by midday you are all that I have
by evening I loathe you some more
for the hold you have over my kind
And when the sky darkens and the sun tires
I reflect on the good times we have had together
I promise myself that this was the last
I will end things with you tomorrow, you will see.
You have hurt me so and I
cannot continue this-
But your promise of the temporary paradise
Lures me into your worn grip
and my mind but gives in.
One day I will stand up and battle it out with you
And the victory will be glorious
Professors will clap and my friends will be in awe
And I, I will look you in the face and smile triumphantly.
Yes, this I will do
but not today because I am certain something enjoyable is on T.V.

-Zenith Bose
December 5th, 2005 (5 exams pending)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Zenith!

I found a link to your blog through Caro's and couldn;t help myself and I must say it's quite a loverly one at that.

So where are you heading on exchange???

Anyways, sorry to be so brief .. but I too must be getting back to studying for the dreaded examinations. Best of luck with yours and take care my dear!

Cheers,
Emma

fridah said...

aaah, our good friend Procastination is at it again, Let me know when you find the cure.

Zed said...

Hey Emma,

For some reason it seems weird that the first time I've spoken to you in months is through my blog...?!? But hey, whatever helps people keep in touch. I am going on my exchange (to the University of Sydney, AU) in exactly a month. It hasn't hit me yet. Once exams and work are out of the way it'll seem more real, I think. Best of luck with your exams too hun! Email me sometime at zenithbose@gmail.com (Hope you read this!)
-Zenith

Zed said...

When I find a cure for procrastination- don't you worry- the whole world will know.